Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Assistant/Associate Professor - Adult Education
Job Description Summary
POSITION: Assistant/Associate Professor.
This is a nine-month tenure-track position in the Department of Educational Foundations, Leadership, and Technology beginning August 2024. This faculty member will be hired to support the Adult Education program, which offers an undergraduate minor, graduate certificates, MEd/MS, EdS, and PhD degrees designed to prepare academics, researchers, practitioners, and leaders in colleges and universities. The university’s commitment to excellence is outlined in the Auburn University Strategic Plan (https://ocm.auburn.edu/strategic_plan/
). Review of applications will begin January 31, 2024 and continue until the position is filled.
The Department of Educational Foundations, Leadership, and Technology is housed in the College of Education. The department offers a range of master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees in higher education administration, educational psychology, educational leadership, and adult education.
- Engage in rigorous research resulting in scholarly publications, preferably peer-reviewed journal articles in prestigious outlets
- Secure extramural research funding as appropriate to disciplinary focus
- Teach master’s and doctoral-level courses in support of the Adult Education program
- Develop distance education courses in the area of Adult Education
- Advise and mentor graduate students
- Direct student research including projects, theses, and dissertations
- Participate in the planning and implementation of curricular changes for the program and department
- Provide institutional service as assigned by the department head and engage in professional service within the discipline
- Participate in professional activities as needed to ensure the well-being of the program, department, and college, including working cooperatively with the State Department of Education and related agencies in business and industry groups
- Professional experience in adult growth and development, workforce education, professional development, education leadership, or education technology
- Record of advising, engaging, and mentoring undergraduate, masters, specialist, and PhD students
- Record of collaboration across the department, university, and/or the field of higher education
- Professional experience in the field of Adult Education
- Expertise in research methods including quantitative, qualitative, or mixed method approaches
- Demonstrated ability to engage in Adult Education program design activities (e.g., curriculum redesign, course design, administrative tasks)
- Participation in professional activities, including working cooperatively with the State Department of Education or related agencies in business, industry, and other government entities
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following:
1. A letter of application for the position that speaks to the required and desired qualifications listed above
2. Curriculum vita
3. A research statement describing the applicant’s research agenda and record of or potential for securing extramural research funding
4. Unofficial graduate transcripts (official transcripts required upon hiring)
5. Contact information for three professional references
Note: Please submit documents 3, 4, and 5 in the Other Documentation section. The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the term of employment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |