West Texas A&M University (WTAMU), a member of The Texas A&M University System, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor rank. This position is a twelve (12) month tenure-track appointment that will serve as a Core Doctoral Research Faculty member for current and proposed doctoral programs at WTAMU, including an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and a Ph.D. in Systems Agriculture. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary may range between $80,000 – $96,000.
WTAMU doctoral programs will use a centralized research faculty/doctoral core to build broad cross-disciplinary understanding, share interdisciplinary faculty expertise, and provide efficiency and cost effectiveness. The position reports to the Dean of the Graduate School/Vice President of Research, who facilitates the doctoral core in conjunction with the WTAMU academic Deans.
- Terminal degree in agriculture, economics, education, communication, psychology, health sciences, or closely related with a field or minor in statistics or quantitative methods
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service
- Commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to research and educational programming
- Excellence in technology usage to support teaching and research, including successful usage of statistical software such as SAS, R, Stata, SPSS, etc.
- Excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Success in supporting students in their learning, implementation, and presentation of quantitative research using appropriate methodology
- Supportive interpersonal and teaching skills with ability to communicate in a timely manner
- Appreciation for interdisciplinary research and knowledge
- Experience and excellence in teaching in an online environment
- Teach six (6) hours of graduate quantitative courses in the fall and spring semesters and three (3) hours in the summer
- Direct and serve on graduate dissertation/Scholarly Delivery Committees across WTAMU doctoral programs, including providing guidance in research methodology and interpretation of research results; make recommendations regarding the most appropriate selection in various research and analysis scenarios
- Develop new research method approaches to meet novel or emerging data analysis or research needs
- Collaborate in mixed methods approaches to research, including qualitative methods
- Engage in shared research publications with graduate students and graduate faculty across WTAMU doctoral programs
- Teach students and faculty to utilize statistical analysis software
Position is available June 1, 2019 or until filled. Applicants should provide a letter of interest that discusses their qualifications as per the job position and their experiences as it relates to the responsibilities listed. Additionally, a CV/resume, official transcripts and the names and contact information of 3 references should be submitted.
Applications should be submitted electronically at https://www.wtamu.edu/administration/human-resources-jobs.aspx
Questions should be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Rex Pjesky, firstname.lastname@example.org – 806.651.2730
West Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Texas law requires that males age 18 through 25 be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.