The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching graduate level courses, conducting research, student advising, student mentoring and recruitment, curriculum development, conducting scholarly activities and all other activities required for tenure. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, engaging in accreditation procedures, program assessment and service to the Department, College and University as needed.
* Evaluate and grade students’ class work,
assignments, and papers.
* Prepare and deliver lectures to
* Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom
* Prepare course materials such as syllabi,
homework assignments, and handouts.
* Compile, administer, and grade
examinations, or assign this work to
* Maintain student attendance records,
grades, and other required records.
* Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course
content, and course materials and methods
* Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to
advise and assist students.
* Keep abreast of developments in the field
by reading current literature, talking with
colleagues, and participating in
professional organizations and
* Conduct research in a particular field of
knowledge and publish findings in
professional journals, books, or electronic
* Collaborate with members of the public
schools, to develop new programs, and to
provide student access to learning
opportunities such as internships.
* Supervise graduate teaching, internship,
and research work.
* Develop and maintain course websites.
* Serve on academic or administrative
committees that deal with institutional
policies, departmental matters, and
* Participate in student recruitment,
registration, and placement activities.
* Participate in campus and community