University Faculty Teacher Education
F00217P: Teacher Education
The Department of Teacher Education at Weber State University is seeking applicants for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Teacher Education. The applicant hired for this position will teach courses in upper elementary (grades 4-6) writing and reading and other education courses as needed within the Teacher Education Department.
- Teach a full-time undergraduate and/or graduate teaching load of 12 hours per semester
- Participate in departmental, college, and university committees
- Participate in scholarly activities including publishing, presenting, and/or grant writing
- Render professional service to college, university and community
- Collaborate positively with colleagues, students, and local school personnel
- Supervise students during field experience and student teaching
- Support students to develop the skills needed to successfully complete requirements for licensure
- Advise students on their Master of Education projects
Specific requirements for the Assistant Professor position:
- Earned doctorate in literacy, reading, language arts or closely related field by September 1, 2022
- At least 3 years K-12 experience in public or accredited private schools or equivalent.
Elementary Language Arts
- Skills/experience in teaching Elementary Reading
- Skills/experience in teaching Elementary Writing
- Ability to model current, best teaching theory, and practice
- Evidence of strong commitment to diversity, equity, and social justice in education
- Experience working with and teaching students from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds, such as ESL/ELL
- Field-based supervision/mentoring experience
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- Evidence of scholarly writing (e.g. research, grant writing)
- Clear research agenda
- Experience teaching online/virtual
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays.
Open Until Filled:
Notes to Applicants:
The position comes with a generous benefits package
. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter/letter of application, academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, a list with contact information for three professional/academic references with contact information, and a sample of scholarly writing. Screening of applications will begin November 27, 2021. Position will remain open until filled. Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Weber State University is a comprehensive university founded in 1889. The core values of WSU are Access, Community, and Learning. The university provides lifelong learning opportunities for a diverse spectrum of learners on the main campus in Ogden, at a campus in neighboring Davis County, through Internet-based WSU Online, and outreach efforts throughout the Intermountain West. Over 28,000 students are enrolled in associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees in business, education, health professions (including Doctor of Nursing Practice), technology, and the liberal arts and sciences. The university is located 35 miles north of Salt Lake City on the western slopes of the Wasatch Mountains. The area offers extensive cultural, educational, and year-round outdoor recreation experiences. Salary and benefits are competitive (retirement program is entirely contributed by WSU at the rate of 14.2% of your annual gross earnings). For further information about Weber State University, browse www.weber.edu
WSU is committed to excellence in the employment of faculty and staff. The university is an equal employment opportunity employer providing opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or marital status. As an affirmative action employer, we encourage applications from women and minorities.
Physical Activity of this position:
Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance.
Physical Requirements of this position:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to move objects, including the human body. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing only occasionally if ever.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision:
Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
To apply, visit https://jobs.weber.edu/postings/14935