Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Part-Time Adjunct Instructor - High School Equivalency Program
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC)
invites candidates who can enthusiastically inspire and engage students as a Part-Time Adjunct Instructor
for the High School Equivalency Program. Candidates should have the ability to teach seated, remote, and online courses.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s).
- Evaluates students’ performance and provides effective and timely feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Responsible for contributing and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Enter grades and attendance into software used by Center.
- Engages in the classroom, replies to emails and voicemails, and holds on-campus or online office hours.
- Maintains knowledge in one’s own discipline-related area by participating in professional development.
- Delivers tests and certifications following all procedures.
- Provides direct group instruction/coaching and individualized tutoring for students preparing for the GED Exam and/or post-secondary education and training through Academic Review.
- Responsible for curriculum assessment and development for all subjects covered in the GED Exam (Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies).
- Works closely with the Testing Center to ensure that HSE students are appropriately scheduled for the GED Exam and collaborates with designated Student Services staff to assist HSE students with succession plans to either advance into postsecondary education, training opportunities, and/or a job.
- Builds on and implements curriculum tailored to content on the GED Exam to be delivered in both a virtual model and, when possible, in an onsite classroom instruction model.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings related to HSE with other EOCs and community organizations offering HSE programming.
- Uses effective and timely communication strategies and methods to communicate with various stakeholders regarding the HSE Program.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC), an adult education enterprise, of the State University of New York, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD), with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking applications for a part-time Adjunct Instructor for the High School Equivalency Program. The mission of BEOC is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed, empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students — as well as to the demands of our community — and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills. To learn more about the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center, visit our website
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |