Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Research Specialist (Early Childhood Policy) - Educations Systems Center (38851)
Northern Illinois University
Provide policy expertise for all projects/initiatives undertaken by Early Childhood Transformation Team
Key Job Characteristics
- Develops multiple research projects that fall within the area of expertise
- Contributes to the design, development and delivery of research projects in consultation/collaboration with colleagues, external partners and clients
- May determine objectives and approach to research projects in area of content expertise
- Presents results and publishes manuscripts for public, private, and professional audiences
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Research, Policy development, Policy structure, Regulatory compliance
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree; business, public policy, economics, or other relevant field of study.
- 5+ years experience in government (local, city, state or federal) and/or business operations
- Experience with and knowledge of government processes, data collection and analysis
- Strong writing and communication skills; ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences
- Experience supporting multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Understanding of and interest in early childhood education
- Understanding of and experience with process improvement strategies and technology
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
Master’s Degree preferred
Experience with Early Childhood Educational system preferred
Experience with Governor’s Office preferred
Experience with state agency/government preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
- A demonstrated passion and commitment to transform Illinois’ system of early childhood education to be high quality, equitable and accessible to all families
- Understanding of state government internal processes, guidelines, and administrative requirements
- Thrive in a high volume, fast‐paced, mission‐driven work environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate/present to a diverse audience
- Experience in strategic communications, graphic design and layout, and messaging
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects while remaining execution‐focused, exceeding client expectations and respecting internal and external deadlines
- Interest and experience in the public policy process (state and/or national)
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong comfort with technology; including PowerPoint, MS Word & Excel, and more
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |