Faculty - Tenure Track, Assistant Professor - Aviation Science
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Department of Aviation Science at Utah Valley University invites applications to a tenure-track position. The individual will teach courses and assesses the performance of aviation education, training, and certification; participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff in scholarly research; promote the general well-being of the school, faculty, and college, and the collective and individual interests of its staff and student body; support and seek always to fulfill the guiding concepts embodied in the philosophy, mission, values, and vision adopted by UVU. Demonstrated capabilities in teaching, research, and service are required.
* Teaches classes based on qualifications and departmental needs.
* Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
* Prepares instructional materials (mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
* Evaluates instructions and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests.
* Maintains a desirable classroom environment.
* Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms and laboratories by the following methods: demonstration, discussion, visual aids, etc.
* Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
* Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up. Coordinates cooperative work experience programs and students as assigned.
* Develops and writes grants requests related to aviation.
* Performs other appropriate university and professional services, which may include visiting secondary schools, attending national conferences, offering workshops, and adjudicating. Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.Full tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, substantial employer contribution to retirement, affordable medical and dental insurance, life insurance, & 12 paid holidays.
Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal degree appropriate to discipline. ABD accepted. Completed terminal degree required by start date. Subject matter knowledge and expertise in the application of best practices including, but not limited to, the following related disciplines: aviation business management, or management and operational experience in such areas as airports, airline operations, Fixed Base Operations (FBO), unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), commercial or corporate flight operations, air traffic control (ATC), aircraft dispatch, aviation law, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of the principles and methodology of successful teaching techniques focused on undergraduates.
* Knowledge of current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) policies, regulations, and procedures as related to best practices in business.
* Knowledge of subject matter and course content.
* Knowledge of teaching issues, challenges, and completion strategies.
* Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research methodology.
* Skills in recruiting, interviewing, and placement of students.
* Skills in assisting counselors and other department heads in maintaining an effective program.
* Proven skills as an accomplished teacher/performer.
* Ability to develop curriculum and teach design courses.
* Ability to develop effective business and educational partnerships at the campus, local, state, and national levels.
* Ability to communicate (written and orally) with a wide variety of students, faculty, and others.
* Ability to harmonize instruction with standardized industry practices and department safety objectives.
* Ability to manage, motivate, and evaluate students through instruction that develops mastery of content and skills.
* Ability to teach college/university level aviation courses with the knowledge and skill to encourage a high degree of interactivity with students and department staff using a wide variety of methodologies.
Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a related field and higher education experience with online teaching preferred.
Physical requirements include frequent standing, sitting, grasping, and fine hand manipulation with continual talking hearing, and seeing. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Full tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, substantial employer contribution to retirement, affordable medical and dental insurance, life insurance, & 12 paid holidays.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/25598
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.