Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Literacy Training Support Specialist
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Literacy Training Support Specialist (TSS) who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing key training and support to literacy coaches in the Indiana Literacy Cadre program. This individual has knowledge of science of reading, especially in early literacy, and instructional coaching. The TSS will plan and lead professional learning for literacy coaches and work with literacy coaches and administrators to review and respond to student achievement data in literacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services;
- Actively participate in training across the project focused on instructional coaching and literacy teaching and learning;
- Support planning and facilitation for the Indiana Literacy Cadre coaches and administrator training;
Ongoing Coaching Support:
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with school administrators, instructional coaches, and school faculty;
- Share TSS Roles and Responsibilities document with leadership and coaches of our Indiana Literacy Cadre schools;
- Visit participating schools, in person, at least once per month;
- Support school administrators in their goals for continuous school improvement in literacy education;
- Review and analyze school data and serve as a thinking partner with school staff related to continuous improvement literacy education;
- Plan and lead or co-lead professional development that is responsive to needs at the school level when requested;
- Host at least one, virtual 1:1 meeting per month to
- review curriculum, instruction and assessment related to research-based reading instruction;
- support robust instructional coaching - mini and full cycles that include data-driven outcomes;
- review class level, grade level progress monitoring data; and
- review and analyze local formative assessment data during interim assessment windows.
- Conduct a minimum of 3 contacts with coaches each week including emails, phone calls, or written notes;
- Provide monthly feedback to the cadre Core Team (CT) regarding the implementation of instructional coaching support using the data collection instruments which inform the Indiana Department of Education;
- Actively participate in twice-monthly 90-minute professional development designed to strengthen instructional coaching practices and pedagogical knowledge related to literacy; occasionally facilitate small group discussions during professional development sessions;
- Provide oversight, monitoring, and problem-solving support for coaches in implementing the goals of the project guided by the assurances and approved by the project’s Core Team;
- Provide ongoing support and training for coaches, including specific feedback regarding effective data-driven instructional coaching practices and plan or facilitate effective professional development for cadre schools;
- Be familiar with current literacy research and curricular resources provided by the project or seek support to that end;
- Develop effective coaching skills and engage in professional development organized for TSSs, including engagement in professional readings;
- Understand and efficiently implement the defined and approved escalation protocol;
Data Collection and Reporting:
- Attend virtual, monthly meetings with the Literacy Project Manager (LPM);
- Routinely consult with the LPM or other Core Team members; seeking cadre support where needed;
- Provide reports to corporation administrators in a timely manner that include:
- a summary of any onsite school visit to be reviewed by IDOE within a week of the visit;
- a summary of the coaching work and professional development discussed in the Collaboration Network meetings to build relationships with corporation administrators;
- documentation of contact with coaches each week; and
- documentation of interactions with principals on a monthly basis.
- Provide documentation of interactions with coaches in Google Drive that can be monitored by cadre Core Team and IDOE;
- Maintain accurate reporting of mileage, using the approved forms and systems.
- Review feedback from coaches for any actionable items and report needs and subsequent actions to the LPM;
- Assist with recruitment of schools for the project under the direction of the Core Team;
- Maintain coaching data;
- Remain committed to learning new strategies for coaching, teaching, and learning;
- Seek out constructive feedback that helps improve practice; and
- Support TSS colleagues through forming professional relationships, asking for
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |