The College of Education at Northern Illinois University is pleased to announce a cluster hire of four tenured/tenure track positions across three departments. We seek to hire a group of talented scholars with a commitment to the academic success of students of color and engagement in scholarly activity and/or service around anti-racism, diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Positions include the following lines:
* Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Literacy Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
* Two positions available in one or more of the following areas: early literacy/foundational skills, literacy in the elementary grades, and/or literacy coaching/literacy leadership.
* Assistant Professor of Sport Management in the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education.
* Assistant Professor of Counseling and Counselor Education in the Department of Counseling and Higher Education.
While not all candidates will engage in each area, key expectations include:
* Demonstrating commitment to the academic success of a diverse student population through teaching and service activity;
* Examining the impact of anti-racism programs among pre-service and in-service educators;
* Engaging with stakeholders in identifying and implementing solutions to increase academic equity and inclusion;
* Developing, implementing, and investigating programs to support students to timely degree completion;
* Creating and researching programs that serve the social and emotional learning of underserved populations.
Members of the cluster hire cohort will collaborate with the College of Education Director of Academic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to develop a program of scholarship and compete for federal funding.