As part of the Medical Education and Educational Research Institute (MEERI) and reporting to the Director of MEERI, the Curriculum and Instructional Designer (CID) will provide appropriate training for faculty in pedagogy, curriculum and instructional design, and related online instructional technologies. Working closely with the Office of Medical Curriculum, the CID will utilize evolving research on effective pedagogy, assessment, and student engagement to assist with the creation of evidence-based and engaging learning activities and course content. The CID will work with the Director of MEERI to conduct needs assessments and provide necessary development activities, training and support to faculty and professional staff on the use of effective teaching strategies along with educational technologies.
The CID will play a key role in the development and implementation of new initiatives and instructional innovations, including the design of a new integrated curriculum, to better prepare graduates for their role in delivering high quality health care.
- Consults and collaborates with faculty on instructional design and teaching needs
- Provides individual and/or group teaching support on a variety of instructional design and pedagogy topics, through workshops, webinars, book clubs, or other means
- Responds to faculty questions regarding educational and technology issues with learner-centered solutions
- Designs and facilitates research-based faculty workshops supporting all teaching modalities
- Researches current trends and evidence-based practices for instructional design, learning technologies, and faculty development topics
- Creates tutorials and documentation to assist faculty in instructional design and delivery
- Designs and facilitates, in conjunction with MEERI and the Offices of Medical Education team members, signature events throughout the year, such as faculty orientations or spotlight events
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.