The Auburn University Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (AU EFNEP) is seeking a strategic and inclusive leader to guide implementation of EFNEP education in Alabama.
EFNEP successfully addresses critical societal concerns by employing local staff and influencing nutrition and physical activity behaviors of low-income families, particularly those with young children. Through a community-based, relationship-driven, hands-on educational approach, EFNEP directly impacts economic, obesity, and food insecurity challenges that hinder the nutritional health and well-being of this nation.
The EFNEP Coordinator provides educational leadership in the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of a statewide Extension program with a $2 million annual budget that meets the needs of limited-resource and socially-disadvantaged audiences. Specifically, this position focuses on community-based nutrition and physical activity interventions.
Work will be done in collaboration with the EFNEP leadership team, county Extension teams, including AU EFNEP educators, other Alabama Extension and University faculty, external partners and state and national colleagues.
This position is a full-time, 12 month non-tenure track Extension Specialist position with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University). Continuous employment will be based on availability of funding. The position reports to the Program Leader for Nutrition Programs and will be located in Duncan Hall on the Auburn University campus. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Serve in a lead role to plan, develop, implement and evaluate innovative nutrition and physical activity education programs and curricula consistent with federal EFNEP guidelines;
- Develop AU EFNEP 5-year plan and annual update, including budget and scope of work documentation;
- Manage information flow and responses needed in WebNEERS, the national EFNEP database;
- Support county hiring of AU EFNEP educators through participation on hiring committees;
- Develop and provide training, including onboarding instruction, for staff related to EFNEP policies and procedures, recruitment and retention of participants, educational methodology, educational resources, and program evaluation;
- Develop or identify evidence-based resources for program enhancement;
- Coach and provide technical assistance to AU EFNEP educators to ensure success and compliance with EFNEP federal guidelines;
- Ensure fiscal and program integrity and fidelity of records and reports, including monitoring for caseload attainment;
- Lead biweekly or monthly Zoom meetings with AU EFNEP educators;
- Monitor progress of program participants to ensure compliance with federal guidelines;
- Represent AU EFNEP in state, regional, and national coalitions and task forces;
- Conduct applied program evaluation as it relates to EFNEP nutrition and physical activity program needs and efforts;
- Supervise the preparation of evaluation reports; share the results, interpretation, and feedback with stakeholders;
- Structure programming to ensure annual abstract submissions for awards and presentations at professional conferences;
- Disseminate AU EFNEP program evaluation results through manuscripts in professional journals.
- Other duties as assigned.