Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Professor of Educational Leadership Studies
University of Kentucky
The University of Kentucky invites applications for a new, innovative member of the Department of Educational Leadership Studies, for an Open Rank (Assistant, Associate, Professor) Regular Title Series Position, tenure-eligible, to begin August 16, 2024. Our department is celebrating 100 years of existence this year and is a founding member of the University Council for Educational Leadership. We seek a new member to help sustain our tradition of exceptional leadership preparation for schools, universities, and community roles both in Kentucky and globally. You are eligible for a generous benefits package as a University of Kentucky faculty member with diverse rewards, focusing on your total well-being. Additional information and updates to benefits can be found at: https://www.uky.edu/hr/benefits
- The Department is primarily seeking an individual who can contribute immediately to our well-respected global doctoral programs in Educational Leadership (both Ed.D. and Ph.D.) which enroll students that work across the P-20 continuum. The Department also offers school leadership programs in principal and superintendent, as well as a new bachelor’s in Leadership for Community Education and Human Learning. Contributions to these programs would be valued as well.
- We seek an individual who can teach foundational and advanced courses in leadership theories, practices, and applications. Specialization expertise of interest is broad, but includes: crisis management, critical perspectives, cultural diversity, data analytics, equity and diversity in leadership, educational innovation, ethics, finance, governance, instructional leadership, learner-centered leadership, organizational learning, school-community partnerships, or socio-emotional leadership. We seek an individual who has and can teach methodological research skills broadly, particularly from a mixed methods and action research approach.
- The successful candidate will evidence a strong commitment to support equity, diversity, and justice efforts. We desire candidates that seek to embed their work within community through socially just, civic-embedded scholarship.
- A robust student experience is central to our programs and thus we seek an individual with demonstrated capacity to provide guidance and support to students across different levels (e.g., mentor educational Specialist and doctoral students, supervise dissertations, and provide professional service). We specifically seek experience chairing and/or serving on doctoral committees for candidates at the rank of associate or full professor.
- The selected candidate will maintain an active, community-engaged research agenda with a strong record of research publications and presentations at academic conferences. We particularly seek individuals with prior success or potential for externally funded research, as pursuit of external funding is an expectation of the position.
- While departmental leadership roles are not a requirement, we seek an individual who is open to providing program or departmental leadership within our own learning community in the relatively near future.
Application review begins November 1, 2023. Applications should include:
- A letter of application describing their appropriateness for the position (upload under Cover Letter);
- Candidate statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion (upload under Specific Request 1);
- Current curriculum vita (upload under Curriculum Vita);
- Statements on Teaching, Research, and Service (upload under Specific Request 2); and
- The names and contact information for at least three professional references (upload under Specific Request 3).
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |