Nazarbayev University was launched in 2010 as a premier national and regional flagship research university, partnering with some of the most internationally recognized names in higher education. The Graduate School of Education (GSE) was launched in 2013 with our partners at the University of Cambridge and the University of Pennsylvania. Due to expansion, GSE invites applications for Full Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors for faculty positions beginning in January 2023. We are filling positions at open ranks in the area of School Education.
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Ph.D. in an appropriate discipline from an accredited and recognized international university (ABD at time of application will be considered, but Ph.D. must be in hand at the time of appointment, and current Ph.D. holders will be given priority);
- A demonstrated record of research and publications appropriate to rank;
- Teaching experience at the university level (experience in postgraduate programs will be given a priority);
- Experience in developing new courses and program curricula;
- Experience and readiness to supervise Master’s and Ph.D. student thesis research
- Excellent intercultural communication and collaboration skills;
- Commitment to maintaining a collegial and inclusive work environment;
- Commitment to making a difference through education in the School, University, and wider society.
Responsibilities include teaching, research, and school service. The University offers opportunities for research support. All positions are for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach postgraduate courses in our M.Sc. in Educational Leadership program (one of 4 specializations: Inclusive Education; Multilingual Education; Higher Education; and School Education), our M.A. in Multilingual Education program, and/or our Ph.D. in Education program. We are planning to offer a new Education Doctorate program in 2023, and we will prioritize applicants who have experience directing and teaching at the doctoral level.
Applicants should send a cover letter (indicate rank and program area applied for), CV, names and contact information of three referees, and two samples of published work through this link: https://smrtr.io/9m4YJ
Completed applications should be received by 07/30/2022, but the review of applications may begin before this. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Nazarbayev University offers an attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation; housing based on family size and rank; relocation allowance; air tickets to the home country twice per year; no-cost medical insurance, with global coverage; and educational allowance for children.
For inquiries regarding these positions, please contact Jason Sparks, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (gse.nu.edu.kz)
Nazarbayev University (https://nu.edu.kz/)