Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Teacher, Child Development
Alcorn State University
The incumbent, under the general supervision of the Director, Child Development Learning Center (CDLC), plans and teaches young children while furthering the student training and research needs of the CDLC.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of early childhood education
- Knowledge of Mississippi Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers
- Demonstration of patience, compassion, attitude and disposition toward working with children and their families
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Emotional maturity
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility in receiving assignments or adapting to program changes
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures safety of each child, whether in the classroom or outside, in compliance with State regulations and university policy
- Designs developmentally appropriate activities for children based on developmental needs and established goals
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development
- Identification of suitable teaching material and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play
- Provides basic care and care-giving activities
- Uses a wide range of teaching methods to enhance the child abilities
- Observes and conducts developmental assessment, both formal and informal, of each child in the classroom
- Maintains constant communication with parents to provide updates on child’s learning, curriculum and to provide resources to enhance children’s learning and development
- Identification of behavioral, developmental or health problems, and implementation of need-based remedial activities
- Adherence with teaching standards and safety regulations as established by State and National Child Care Regulations
- Maintains student records and provide reports as required
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and plans assignments for student trainees and field placement students
- Maintains ethical code of conduct in compliance with the NAEYC and FERPA
- Other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or closely related field from a regionally accredited program
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or closely related field from a regionally accredited program.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a childcare/daycare teacher
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |