Program Manager and Credential Analyst (4168U) -
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 1, 2019
UC Berkeley Extension, the continuing education division of the University of California, Berkeley, has been building bridges between UC Berkeley and the public since 1891. UC Berkeley Extension serves the professional and continuing education goals of thousands of people each year. Extension's programs are an essential part of the University mission to: extend the research and scholarship of UC Berkeley to a global community; increase access to higher education for non-traditional, online and international students; and improve the workforce. Extension's Education and Teacher Credentialing programs support professionals interested in making a difference in the lives of California's students.
PROGRAM OVERSIGHT AND PLANNING:
- Plans and develops new programs and curriculum in teacher training, ensuring that program offerings align with professional standards.
- Responsible for the development, management and assessment of existing curriculum. Responsible for determining existing and future needs of curriculum audience, including identification of course topics, modification of course topics and objectives, and methods of course delivery.
- Evaluate the need for and effectiveness of certificate and professional sequences to meet the changing educational needs of the audience.
- Serves as credential analyst for UC Berkeley Extension. Advises students and reviews student applications in credential programs.
- Ensures that students meet basic program requirements. Counsels students who are in academic jeopardy.
PARTNERSHIPS AND CONTRACTS:
- Evaluates prospective program partnerships.
- Establishes, meets and chairs advisory committees, serves as necessary on Extension committees, establishes contacts with professionals and organization affiliated with programming areas and attend meetings and conferences as necessary
- Oversees education contracts with campus partners and with community organizations. Works closely with Extension's Financial Services unit to ensure legal integrity of contractual agreements. Negotiates contract terms with oversight of assistant dean.
- Participates in developing strategic market plans and target audiences. Evaluates effectiveness of marketing plan. Designs and conducts information sessions.
- Designs and writes copy for promotional materials. Writes new catalog copy and reviews and updates existing catalog copy as needed.
- Recruits, selects, orients, evaluates and supervises qualified course and program instructors.
- Reviews instructor evaluation and evaluates effectiveness of course content and methodology and makes changes as needed.
- Makes periodic visits to the classroom to evaluate quality of instruction. Negotiates instructor fees and other course related expenses.
- Responsible for the creation of individual course budgets and a summary annual budget to meet assigned budgetary goals.
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic budgetary analyses for the department.
- Serves as a work leader for program coordinator. Responsible for enforcing organizational deadlines and the delegation of tasks required to meet those deadlines.
- Works with staff in Extension, University and outside organizations to ensure smooth operation of courses and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of continuing and professional education, including ability to deliver impactful programs and curricula.
- Strong student advising skills
- Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of current programs and trends in K-12 and adult education.
- Thorough skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new presentations/courses to meet organizational needs.
- Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 1-year contract position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27094&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1