The appointee will play a key role in implementing the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) component of the USP PEUMP Project based in Suva, Fiji. This will involve taking responsibility for the design and implementation of CPD activities including development of lifelong learning and career development pathways. The incumbent will be working with IMarEST to design and deliver CPD opportunities for Pacific marine professionals. She/he will also be responsible for undertaking research and monitoring the effectiveness of TVET courses including delivery mechanisms. The Research Fellow in TVET & CPD will also play a key role in the outreach activities of the PEUMP Project and will work closely with the Professional Development Coordinator, Research Assistant in TVET & CPD ,other PEUMP staff and relevant international institutions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The design and implementation of CPD activities including development of lifelong learning and career development pathways;
- Coordinate delivery of CPD activities
- Work closely with the Professional Development Coordinator and TVET & CPD Research Assistant, other PEUMP staff and relevant professional bodies to design and develop specific CPD for Pacific marine professionals.
- Work jointly with the Coastal Fisheries Management and Marine Sustainable Development Research Fellows to develop and deliver outreach activities including seminars, public lectures, Talanoa, MOOCs and other on-line e-learning activities.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in education, marine science, fisheries, sustainable development or other relevant field from a recognised institution;
- Extensive verifiable work experience in a field of relevance to fisheries, marine science and/or sustainable marine resource development;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Technical Vocational Education and Training or Continuing Professional Development, lifelong learning and career pathways development;
- Relevant teaching or supervisory experience in the Pacific Islands region or other developing countries and a strong research and publications record.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Work experience in PACPs;
- Previous experience/familiarity with international and/or regional organisations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in the Pacific Islands in a multicultural environment;
- Practical experience in working with CPD or education sector of PACPS.
The position is available for a fixed term of 3 years.
Salary Range: Research Fellow FJ $73,689 to FJ $96,958 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Dr. Bibhya Sharma, Acting Dean of the Faculty of Science, Technology & Environment; tel.: (679) 32 32069; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28 October 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.