Primary Purpose of Position
Provides leadership in the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of research based, e-learning solutions for Extension programs that meet the needs of limited-resource and socially-disadvantaged audiences. Specifically, this position will be responsible for providing technical expertise to help Extension develop new approaches to learning, create digital content and interactive virtual learning experiences consistent with the philosophy, policy and overall mission, goals and educational objectives of Cooperative Extension at North Carolina A&T state University.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Cooperative Extension at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an educational outreach organization within the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Cooperative Extension at N.C. A&T provides researched-based educational information, programming and technical assistance to limited-resource audiences that address a diverse range of issues in four programmatic areas – Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, Community and Rural Development, and 4-H Youth Development. Together with its partners – North Carolina State University Extension, U.S. Department of Agriculture, state and county governments, a dynamic and resourceful system is formed. In addition to campus operations, Cooperative Extension has professionally staffed offices in almost half of the 100 counties in North Carolina and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian Nation.
Requires B.S. degree in training, adult education, instructional technology, training and development, multimedia or other related field or B.S. degree with instructional design certifications.
· Three or more years of experience developing eLearning solutions.
· Experience designing eLearning solution for educational/training.
· Proficient in eLearning software tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 or similar eLearning software tools.
· Computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Office).
· Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to handle multiple demands and set priorities.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- Master’s degree in training, adult education, instructional technology, training and development, and instructional design and eLearning certifications.
- Three or more years developing eLearning solutions.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline 360 and similar eLearning software tools.
- Experience coaching and collaborating with SME’s to develop eLearning educational too