Search for University Jobs in Curriculum & Education
Instructor Training Coordinator, CEP Puente Project (4536U) - 36567
University of California, Berkeley
Instructor Training Coordinator, CEP Puente Project (4536U) - 36567
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Housed within the Division of Student Affairs, the Center for Educational Partnerships (CEP) is the primary unit on the UC Berkeley campus charged with developing and implementing programs and strategies to improve academic preparation, expand educational opportunities, and ensure access to higher education for low-income and educationally disadvantaged students. Working in partnership with local schools, colleges and communities, CEP's college preparation and access programs support students who face significant barriers to college by helping them to improve their academic success and to explore opportunities to attend post-secondary institutions.
The PUENTE Program is a statewide academic, counseling and mentoring program that supports students in building the skills necessary for success in both academic and career goals while in secondary school and community college. Students enrolled in the secondary PUENTE program work closely with their Counselor, Instructors and Mentors to prepare for enrollment at four-year colleges and universities.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 8, 2022.
TRAINING - 40%
- As part of a team, develop and implement year-round, research-based, and differentiated training activities and materials that are responsive to Puente STEM component and mentor component needs.
- Participate in the design and development of Puente's Community College Training Plan, and participate in developing a training framework, which supports the Puente Model and structure; implement and conduct Puente's Foundational institute to train new Puente team members; design and implement ongoing training workshops throughout the year.
- Keep current with research and trends for educationally underrepresented student populations and provide innovative strategies and methods for instructors to apply in their coordination of the program at their sites.
- Contribute to basic Puente training offerings through the creation of training material, especially within the area of STEM.
- Develop materials for the STEM component, including curriculum, STEM mentor and community based learning.
- Design and implement special projects, including curricular teaching units, as needed.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION - 35%
- Conduct site visits, support and monitor the work of Puente teams throughout the year.
- As a part of a team, develop reporting mechanisms to monitor program implementation.
- As necessary, make presentations to professional, educational and community; conferences and organizations about the Puente Project.
- Ensure STEM component and mentoring activities at sites comply with Puente equity-minded pedagogy and principles.
- Provide support for Puente teams in implementing program activities at their sites.
- Assist with expansion of new community college sites.
- Support community college initiatives and professional development for all practitioners.
- Develop and coordinate student development programs, including summer residential programs.
MEETINGS AND REPORTING - 15%
- Attend and participate in community college weekly and quarterly meetings, statewide planning meetings and retreats.
- Provide frequent updates on program sites.
- Attend required meetings with campus stakeholders and partners.
PRESENTATIONS AND ELECTRONIC RESOURCES - 10%
- Contribute to development of electronic materials for Puente's website, and other marketing materials and reports.
- As necessary, make presentations to professional, educational, and community.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in working in a STEM field at the community college or university level; familiarity with AB705 and co-requisite curricular strategies.
- Demonstrated success in creating curriculum and strategies that support educationally underserved students' learning.
- Demonstrated success in designing and presenting workshops .
- Demonstrated understanding of asset-based approaches to teaching both adults and students.
- Demonstrated interest and success in community-building among and between adults and students.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current research literature relating to educationally underserved students.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage multiple critical projects with deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- High-level skills in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Possess a valid California driver's license and willingness to use their personal car for business.
- Willingness and ability to travel to regional sites and statewide training sites.
- Master's degree in related area and/or equivalent training or experience.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual English-Spanish speaking and writing skills strongly preferred.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
- This is a career, 100% full-time, 40-hours per week appointment, eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
To apply: https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=36567&PostingSeq=1
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=36567&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |